At WebSitePulse we know there are no universal solutions. What might work for one client will most likely be unsuitable for another. We are dedicated to providing the best solution for each client and we are willing to discuss and customize every part of our services. Below is a short list of case studies that show what we do.
Custom Monitoring Solutions
The Advisory Board Company is a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital and health system leaders improve the quality and efficiency of patient care. We developed a custom content verification plugin to allow them to verify a set of dates in some reports they are generating on their websites. This allowed them to monitor the status of their task queues and the number of records that were processed.
Fintrax, an international payments company, experts in providing banking and retail institutions with multicurrency payments and processing solutions. They were looking for a monitoring solution for some of their systmes that run a custom binary protocol over an encrypted SSL/TLS connection. First we provided them with a custom interface to test their monitoring requests, and then we provided the dynamic monitoring setup to adjust the requests automatically with the correct date and times.
Custom Reporting Solutions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser. WebSitePulse provides a large number of custom reports that are tailored to provide the best insight on the status and the performance of the event websites maintained by the client.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We have developed an hourly reporting system based on the functional units instead of synthetic transaction steps. It combines data from several monitoring sources to present the most accurate picture of the status and the performance of each web application as seen from different locations around the world and matches the data agains their non-functional requirements.
MediaNet - B2B digital music services company providing catalog, publishing admin, streaming, digital radio, downloads, rights management, reporting, and royalty payments. As the customer requested it they needed a dashboard with more "bling". We created a dashboard with variety of charts that display the monitoring response times and the detected outages accross the world.
Custom alerting solutions
TransUnion is a company that provides credit information and information management services. We have configured the monitoring agent to send authenticated and encrypted SNMPv3 traps and helped the integrate the alerts with their enterprise service management software.
Sage is an enterprise software company that provides accounting, ERP, HR, payroll, asset management, and payment solutions. The monitoring solution they were looking for required specific HTTP headers to be included in the alerts in order to help them pinpoint the location of any specific issues.
- 24/7 remote monitoring Monitor virtually any TCP/UDP service and device connected to the Internet.
- Monitoring interval up to every minute Monitoring intervals can be set up at 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15 and higher minutes down to once every couple hours.
- Forced monitoring upon error detection If you use higher monitoring intervals such as every 10 or 20 minutes, once an error is detected, monitoring automatically switches to a monitoring interval as low as 1 minute providing you with quicker "recovery" status and more precise statistics.
- Multiple monitoring locations For each target you can select the locations it will be monitored from simultaneously; In case of a detected malfunction, data from simultaneous monitoring allows immediate and reliable allocation of the source of the problem.
- Redundant global monitoring network with failover All monitoring locations of our Global network are monitored for availability and connectivity; if any of them fails or loses connection to the Internet, all monitoring processes are automatically transferred and start to perform from another monitoring location which is fully functional at that time.
- Configurable downtime periods If you have scheduled maintenance windows, configure time periods for each target during which monitoring will be automatically suspended and then automatically resumed at the end of the period to avoid unnecessary alerts.
- Custom time zone for every target Select specific time-zone for every target based on its location or your preferences; all timestamps for this target are shown in its time-zone.
- Suspend/activate monitoring at any time Manually suspend monitoring of any or all targets and manually resume monitoring when needed.
- Multi-media alert notifications Alerts can be delivered via email, text message (SMS), voice call, instant message, IOS or Android push notifications, SNMP traps or HTTP requests.
- Multi-level location notifications Notifications can be configured for each monitoring location for a specific target; you can be notified about errors from some locations and not from others; there is also an option where you can be notified from a specific location only if the others did not send any notifications.
- Advanced alert escalation schedule Receive alerts only for specific error types or after a specific number of failures; select the number of failure notifications to be sent if the problem continues; alert cycles - restart the alert cycle if a target is down for too long.
- "Do not disturb" periods Time periods during which no alerts will be sent to the contact.
- Custom alert contents Different alerts for different errors; custom alert sender; custom message length; custom message contents with target-specific tags of information.
- Custom time zone for every contact Select specific time-zone for every contact based on its location or your preferences; all timestamps for this contact are shown in its time zone.
- Target dependency rules for alerts optimization Create custom dependency rules for each target to modify the alerts behavior based on the current status of one or more targets. For example if a target depends on another one that is currently down, no alerts will be sent for the first one, avoiding unnecessary alerts.
- Multi-level location correlated notification system Detected errors are correlated in real time across multiple locations, and notifications are sent only if all or certain number of monitoring locations report the same error.
- Three configuration levels Normal level - alerts are sent if at least one location has detected an error; strong level - alerts are sent if at least 50% of the monitoring locations of a specific target have detected an error; strict level - alerts are sent only if 100% of the locations monitoring a specific target have detected an error.
- Multiple voice and SMS gateways For better and faster alert delivery, we maintain multiple SMS and voice gateways; when creating or editing an alert contact, you can test and choose the best gateway for each voice or SMS contact in your account.
- Detailed real-time reports Variety of online reports containing up to the minute details from multiple monitoring locations including the latest checks made; reports include daily, weekly and monthly summaries, uptime/downtime, average response times by day and week, status history by month; reports can be emailed to one or more email recipients in your account or can be displayed publicly on your website or on another domain.
- Response time breakdown Details for DNS, connect, redirect time, first byte and last byte times.
- Multiple locations reports Compare the monitoring data and statistics from different monitoring locations of a specific target.
- Timestamps in local time-zone As each target has its own time-zone, all reports are shown in the target local time-zone.
- Traceroute upon connectivity errors Every time a connectivity error is detected, a traceroute will be performed from the monitoring location to the monitored target, and the results will be saved for future display in the reports; the traceroute results can be included in the email alert.
- Download raw monitoring data The raw logs are available for download in various formats (XML, CSV, TXT), which then can be used to create your own reports.
- Advanced real-time APIs Your applications can connect to our system and get real-time data about a monitored target.
What our clients say...
Not only is WebSitePulse easy to use but it provides great flexibility in its monitoring and alerting capabilities plus extremely responsive customer support all at a very reasonable price.
I have yet to find another provider that even comes close to offering the same services even close to the same prices. Thanks to everyone at WebSitePulse for making IT easier for me :)
It adds a lot of value to our business and we really appreciate your excellent service. I’d be happy to recommend you to anyone.