Web Transaction Monitoring
Web Transaction (Application) Monitoring is used for multi-step web transactions and the applications they use. It detects problems with connectivity, content issues or slow performance with your website. By simulating real-user experience, this service provides realistic insight of what users are experiencing when performing any type of a web transaction. It will detect any issue related to the transactions on your website, so you can minimize the downtime and be the first to know when an issue has occurred.
Full-Page Transaction Monitoring verifies the availability and measures the performance of a web transaction, its individual steps and the web applications it uses. The service downloads all components of every web page including HTML, all images, frames, scripts, Flash or other embedded objects and measures the times for DNS resolution, connect, redirects, first byte and last byte for every page object. Full-Page Transaction is suitable for most commercial and corporate websites.
Monitors and verifies file size, MD5 checksum, contents of the web page for present or missing
Supports external objects like links
Internal and external objects detailed breakdown download speed - images, frames, scripts, Java, Flash or other embedded objects
Based on the Firefox engine (GECKO), In-Browser Transaction Monitoring is excellent for monitoring multi-step web transactions and the web applications they use from an user's perspective. You can actually ‘experience’ the availability and performance of multi-step transactions on your website in the same way your visitors do, i.e. via a real browser engine.
In-Browser is a more sophisticated monitoring method than Full-Page Transaction, and is suitable for platforms which support Java scripts and/or AJAX, calls.
Real Browser MonitoringProactively monitor and measure the performance of your most complex multi-step Web transactions like Customer portals, online shopping, Web registration forms, etc., with the service built on actual Firefox engine (GECKO)
Global Geographic CoverageRun test scenarios as often as every 15 minutes simultaneously from up to 3 locations)
Powerful Point and Click Transaction RecordingBrowse and record multi step test scenarios, playback for verification and upload for monitoring with just a few clicks.
- 24/7 remote monitoring Monitor virtually any TCP/UDP service and device connected to the Internet.
- Monitoring interval up to every minute Monitoring intervals can be set up at 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15 and higher minutes down to once every couple hours.
- Forced monitoring upon error detection If you use higher monitoring intervals such as every 10 or 20 minutes, once an error is detected, monitoring automatically switches to a monitoring interval as low as 1 minute providing you with quicker "recovery" status and more precise statistics.
- Multiple monitoring locations For each target you can select the locations it will be monitored from simultaneously; In case of a detected malfunction, data from simultaneous monitoring allows immediate and reliable allocation of the source of the problem.
- Redundant global monitoring network with failover All monitoring locations of our Global network are monitored for availability and connectivity; if any of them fails or loses connection to the Internet, all monitoring processes are automatically transferred and start to perform from another monitoring location which is fully functional at that time.
- Configurable downtime periods If you have scheduled maintenance windows, configure time periods for each target during which monitoring will be automatically suspended and then automatically resumed at the end of the period to avoid unnecessary alerts.
- Custom time zone for every target Select specific time-zone for every target based on its location or your preferences; all timestamps for this target are shown in its time-zone.
- Suspend/activate monitoring at any time Manually suspend monitoring of any or all targets and manually resume monitoring when needed.
- Multi-media alert notifications Alerts can be delivered via email, text message (SMS), voice call, instant message, IOS or Android push notifications, SNMP traps or HTTP requests.
- Multi-level location notifications Notifications can be configured for each monitoring location for a specific target; you can be notified about errors from some locations and not from others; there is also an option where you can be notified from a specific location only if the others did not send any notifications.
- Advanced alert escalation schedule Receive alerts only for specific error types or after a specific number of failures; select the number of failure notifications to be sent if the problem continues; alert cycles - restart the alert cycle if a target is down for too long.
- "Do not disturb" periods Time periods during which no alerts will be sent to the contact.
- Custom alert contents Different alerts for different errors; custom alert sender; custom message length; custom message contents with target-specific tags of information.
- Custom time zone for every contact Select specific time-zone for every contact based on its location or your preferences; all timestamps for this contact are shown in its time zone.
- Target dependency rules for alerts optimization Create custom dependency rules for each target to modify the alerts behavior based on the current status of one or more targets. For example if a target depends on another one that is currently down, no alerts will be sent for the first one, avoiding unnecessary alerts.
- Multi-level location correlated notification system Detected errors are correlated in real time across multiple locations, and notifications are sent only if all or certain number of monitoring locations report the same error.
- Three configuration levels Normal level - alerts are sent if at least one location has detected an error; strong level - alerts are sent if at least 50% of the monitoring locations of a specific target have detected an error; strict level - alerts are sent only if 100% of the locations monitoring a specific target have detected an error.
- Multiple voice and SMS gateways For better and faster alert delivery, we maintain multiple SMS and voice gateways; when creating or editing an alert contact, you can test and choose the best gateway for each voice or SMS contact in your account.
- Detailed real-time reports Variety of online reports containing up to the minute details from multiple monitoring locations including the latest checks made; reports include daily, weekly and monthly summaries, uptime/downtime, average response times by day and week, status history by month; reports can be emailed to one or more email recipients in your account or can be displayed publicly on your website or on another domain.
- Response time breakdown Details for DNS, connect, redirect time, first byte and last byte times.
- Multiple locations reports Compare the monitoring data and statistics from different monitoring locations of a specific target.
- Timestamps in local time-zone As each target has its own time-zone, all reports are shown in the target local time-zone.
- Traceroute upon connectivity errors Every time a connectivity error is detected, a traceroute will be performed from the monitoring location to the monitored target, and the results will be saved for future display in the reports; the traceroute results can be included in the email alert.
- Download raw monitoring data The raw logs are available for download in various formats (XML, CSV, TXT), which then can be used to create your own reports.
- Advanced real-time APIs Your applications can connect to our system and get real-time data about a monitored target.
What our clients say...
Not only is WebSitePulse easy to use but it provides great flexibility in its monitoring and alerting capabilities plus extremely responsive customer support all at a very reasonable price.
I have yet to find another provider that even comes close to offering the same services even close to the same prices. Thanks to everyone at WebSitePulse for making IT easier for me :)
It adds a lot of value to our business and we really appreciate your excellent service. I’d be happy to recommend you to anyone.