Email Round-Trip Monitoring
E-mail Round-Trip Monitoring scans for incoming and outgoing email systems' problems such as delayed or lost emails. We send a test message to an email address you specify, and then we try to retrieve it from that mail server in order to detect errors in the process of sending and receiving emails.
We alert you if problems with your MX records, SMTP servers, POP3 and IMAP servers arise or if the test messages are not delivered in a timely manner.
Multiple protocols and authentication methods supportedSupports SSL/TLS encryption protocols like STARTTLS, POP3S, IMAPS and SMTP over SSL.
Supports the most common SMTP authentication methods — Plain, Login and CRAM MD5 authentication.
Primary and secondary manual server configuration availableSupports primary and secondary SMTP servers configuration with default manual setup. Optionally, it can be configured to retrieve SMTP servers list from MX records and if sending is unsuccessful to use the next server according to the MX priority.Provides complete overview of a sample email round-trip performance, to proactively locate and fix bottlenecks in your email systems and applications.
Multiple mail submit and delivery scenariosOur email round-trip monitoring system supports most common mail delivery scenarios and we have solutions that cover almost any mail delivery case. For example if your POP3 or IMAP servers are not publicly accessible we can provide you with a forwarding account to test whether the email messages can be delivered.
- 24/7 remote monitoring Monitor virtually any TCP/UDP service and device connected to the Internet.
- Monitoring interval up to every 10 minutes Monitoring intervals can be set up from as low as 10 munutes to once a day
- Forced monitoring upon error detection If you use higher monitoring intervals such as every hour or two, once an error is detected, monitoring automatically switches to a monitoring interval as low as 10 minutes providing you with quicker "recovery" status and more precise statistics.
- Multiple monitoring locations You can select up to 2 locations to monitor an email round-trip target simultaneously; In case of a detected malfunction, data from simultaneous monitoring allows immediate and reliable allocation of the source of the problem.
- Redundant global monitoring network with failover All monitoring locations of our Global network are monitored for availability and connectivity; if any of them fails or loses connection to the Internet, all monitoring processes are automatically transferred and start to perform from another monitoring location which is fully functional at that time.
- Configurable downtime periods If you have scheduled maintenance windows, configure time periods for each target during which monitoring will be automatically suspended and then automatically resumed at the end of the period to avoid unnecessary alerts.
- Custom time zone for every target Select specific time-zone for every target based on its location or your preferences; all timestamps for this target are shown in its time-zone.
- Suspend/activate monitoring at any time Manually suspend monitoring of any or all targets and manually resume monitoring when needed.
- Multi-media alert notifications Alerts can be delivered via email, text message (SMS), voice call, instant message, IOS or Android push notifications, SNMP traps or HTTP requests.
- Multi-level location notifications Notifications can be configured for each monitoring location for a specific target; you can be notified about errors from some locations and not from others; there is also an option where you can be notified from a specific location only if the others did not send any notifications.
- Advanced alert escalation schedule Receive alerts only for specific error types or after a specific number of failures; select the number of failure notifications to be sent if the problem continues; alert cycles - restart the alert cycle if a target is down for too long.
- "Do not disturb" periods Time periods during which no alerts will be sent to the contact.
- Custom alert contents Different alerts for different errors; custom alert sender; custom message length; custom message contents with target-specific tags of information.
- Custom time zone for every contact Select specific time-zone for every contact based on its location or your preferences; all timestamps for this contact are shown in its time zone.
- Target dependency rules for alerts optimization Create custom dependency rules for each target to modify the alerts behavior based on the current status of one or more targets. For example if a target depends on another one that is currently down, no alerts will be sent for the first one, avoiding unnecessary alerts.
- Multi-level location correlated notification system Detected errors are correlated in real time across multiple locations, and notifications are sent only if all or certain number of monitoring locations report the same error.
- Three configuration levels Normal level - alerts are sent if at least one location has detected an error; strong level - alerts are sent if at least 50% of the monitoring locations of a specific target have detected an error; strict level - alerts are sent only if 100% of the locations monitoring a specific target have detected an error.
- Multiple voice and SMS gateways For better and faster alert delivery, we maintain multiple SMS and voice gateways; when creating or editing an alert contact, you can test and choose the best gateway for each voice or SMS contact in your account.
- Detailed real-time reports Variety of online reports containing up to the minute details from multiple monitoring locations including the latest checks made; reports include daily, weekly and monthly summaries, uptime/downtime, average response times by day and week, status history by month; reports can be emailed to one or more email recipients in your account or can be displayed publicly on your website or on another domain.
- Response time breakdown Details for DNS, connect, redirect time, first byte and last byte times.
- Multiple locations reports Compare the monitoring data and statistics from different monitoring locations of a specific target.
- Timestamps in local time-zone As each target has its own time-zone, all reports are shown in the target local time-zone.
- Traceroute upon connectivity errors Every time a connectivity error is detected, a traceroute will be performed from the monitoring location to the monitored target, and the results will be saved for future display in the reports; the traceroute results can be included in the email alert.
- Download raw monitoring data The raw logs are available for download in various formats (XML, CSV, TXT), which then can be used to create your own reports.
- Advanced real-time APIs Your applications can connect to our system and get real-time data about a monitored target.
See details for the common features that you get with any WebSitePulse service
What our clients say...
Not only is WebSitePulse easy to use but it provides great flexibility in its monitoring and alerting capabilities plus extremely responsive customer support all at a very reasonable price.
I have yet to find another provider that even comes close to offering the same services even close to the same prices. Thanks to everyone at WebSitePulse for making IT easier for me :)
It adds a lot of value to our business and we really appreciate your excellent service. I’d be happy to recommend you to anyone.