Performance Tracking > 2018 Holiday Season > Report Highlights
2018 Holiday Season Report Highlights
- November 28, 2018 - Costco.com went down Early in the morning (EST) we detected issues with the functionality of Costco.com. The home page was working flawlessly, but the "Add to cart" functionality did not. And that status went for more than an hour. The webpage fully recovered at 6:35am (EST).
- November 28, 2018 - Hallmark went down A minor outage was detected with the hallmark.com early this morning at 6:31am (EST). The home page was reachable but the "Add to cart" functionality didn't work. The issue lasted less than 20 minutes as at 6:50am everything was up and running flawlessly.
- November 27, 2018 - costco.com down The website went down at around 2 pm and it took about half an hour to recover. During the outage, costco.com was showing an error message stating "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."
Update: Second downtime for the day. Costco.com recovered after 10 minutes of "Internal Server Error".
- November 26, 2018 - officedepot.com down The website went down around 1 pm CET for nearly one hour and a half. Officedepot.com managed to recover and there were no more interruptions in the webstore's operations.
- November 26, 2018 - Black Friday weekend summary Black Friday Weekend is the most serious test for all online retailers' websites and servers. During the annual holiday season monitoring campaign, WebSitePulse detected severe problems with two major stores.
On Black Friday, November 23rd Lowes.com experienced significant problems causing the average daily uptime to decrease to 81.25% with a recorded downtime of about 4 hours and 25 minutes. The problems seem to last a from few minutes at a time up to 50 minutes. Never the less the online store was inaccessible for a good portion of the day.
Office Depot was the other retailer which experienced some issues on Cyber Monday, November 26th. This time the problem was a single event, which lasted 1 hour 38 minutes. This lowered the daily uptime to 93.03 %.
- November 23, 2018 - lowes.com down The page went down around noon as the glitch was about ten minutes. A system message appeared on the screen. Lowes.com managed to recover the page quickly. Our monitoring checks from Chicago and Los Angelis recovered in 15 minutes, however there could be still regions with limited access to Lowes.com