Ping Basic Target Type
The PING Only target type refers to targets that are monitored only using ICMP PING packets to test network status. This is a standard way to monitor internet devices that don't listen on a specific port like routers, switches etc. However some internet nodes may block the ICMP packets, which will render this monitoring method unusable. Before adding a Ping Basic target please make sure that your firewall or IDS (Intrusion Detection System) is not blocking the incoming ICMP packets.
- Ping / Packet Internet Gropper
- FTP / File Transfer Protocol
- HTTP / HyperText Transfer Protocol
- URL Contacts
Frequently asked questions
- What is a Ping?
- Can you monitor wireless routers?
- I can monitor my own servers locally. Why do I need WebSitePulse.com?
- What is the purpose of Traceroute information and how to activate it?