MySQL Basic Target Type
When you use MySQL Basic Target Type our monitoring agent will try to open a connection to your MySQL server and will return an error if unsuccessful.
The WebSitePulse agent uses a "test" user to authenticate itself but will not return an error if the login fails. In this case however your MySQL server will log a connection error. This might cause false alerts if the number of these errors from our monitoring location exceeds the 'max_connect_errors' configuration variable.
To avoid this kind of false positives you should either increase 'max_connect_errors' or issue a FLUSH HOSTS statement on a regular basis.
If you want to use a different username or to be able to run some test SQL statements we recommend you to use the MySQL Advanced Target Type
- MySQL Advanced Target Type
- Basic Target Types
- FTP Basic Target Type
- IMAP Basic Type
- POP3 Basic target type
- FTP / File Transfer Protocol
- Ping / Packet Internet Gropper
- HTTP / HyperText Transfer Protocol
- URL Contacts
Frequently asked questions
- How to monitor a SQL server?
- Can you monitor wireless routers?
- What is the purpose of Traceroute information and how to activate it?