SMS / Short Message Service
The Short Message Service (SMS) is the ability to send and receive text messages to and from mobile telephones. It uses standardized communication protocols to enable mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages. The text can comprise of words or numbers or an alphanumeric combination. SMS was created when it was incorporated into the Global System for Mobiles (GSM) digital mobile phone standard.
A single short message can be up to 160 characters of text in length using default GSM alphabet coding, 140 characters when Cyrillic character set is used and 70 characters when UCS2 international character coding is used.
- Notification contacts
- Status Type
- Dependency Rule Name
- Target Label
- Maximum time to wait for a test message
Frequently asked questions
- Will the traffic on my website increase by performing the Monitoring Service?
- Is there a set up fee to open a monitoring service account?
- What is a Ping?
- Does WebSitePulse.com guarantee my privacy?
- Can I cancel my service account?