A language and a set of rules that allow computers to interact in a well-defined way. These are the rules or standard that defines the syntax, semantics and synchronization of communication and possible error recovery methods. Protocols may be implemented by hardware, software, or a combination of both. Examples are FTP, HTTP, HTTPS and other.
- IP / Internet Protocol
- NNTP / Network News Transfer Protocol
- ICMP / Internet Control Message Protocol
- FTP / File Transfer Protocol
- RTSP / Real-Time Streaming Protocol
Frequently asked questions
- What does it mean when my contacts are notified that my system is down?
- Do you provide WAP monitoring?
- How often does WebSitePulse.com check my site?
- What exactly is being checked and monitored?