HTTP compression problems
A browser by default supports server-side data compression. If a server has a problem delivering the data in compressed format visitors might see an error when they try to open the website.
By default our monitoring agent is enabled to receive data in compressed format. If the server does not support compression, or the compression is working, HTTP content will be returned to the agent and the check will be considered OK.
If there is a problem with the HTTP compression, or the web server does not return properly compressed data the target will be marked as down, and alerts will be sent according to the target's configuration.
- Enable HTTP Compression
- HTTP Performance Target Type
- HTTP Referer
- HTTP Advanced Target Type
- HTTP Full-page Target Type
Frequently asked questions
- What types of applications are monitored?
- What should I monitor?
- Do you provide WAP monitoring?
- I can monitor my own servers locally. Why do I need WebSitePulse.com?
- How to monitor a SQL server?