In the monitored port field you should enter the number of the port on which the monitored service is listening. If no port was selected our site will automatically use the default port for the service you have selected and you don't have to change it unless your service is configured to run on a custom port different than the default one. The most common ports monitored by WebSitePulse.com are:
HTTP - 80
HTTPS - 443
FTP - 21
Telnet - 23
SSH - 22
SMTP - 25
POP3 - 110
IMAP - 143
DNS - 53
Using our "Custom port" monitoring service you can monitor almost any UDP or TCP port, though in some cases you might not be able to check the response from the server listening on this port.
- Custom Port Target Type
- Basic Target Types
- Monitor SSL/TLS enabled servers
- DNS Server Target Type
- SSH Basic Target Type
Frequently asked questions
- Can you monitor wireless routers?
- Can WebSitePulse monitor SFTP?
- Does WebSitePulse offer DNS monitoring?
- What is the purpose of Traceroute information and how to activate it?
- Do I have to download and install client software on my website to use your monitoring service?