The "Notification Limits" configuration options allows you to restrict the number of alerts a specific contact will receive for a given amount of time. You can set different limits on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
This option gives you additional control over your notification charges, but it might also cause certain alerts to be discarded. You should not set the limits too low to ensure that you will always be alerted in case there is a problem with your servers.
At the "User Preferences" page you can select to receive alerts in case the notification limits for your contacts are reached.
- Notification Limit Reached Alert
- Soft timeout alerts
- Location Correlated Notification Level
- Notification contacts
- Contact name
Frequently asked questions
- How to set Android and iOS notification contacts
- How do I know my website is operating correctly again?
- Is it possible that some of the alerts I receive are false?
- Why do you support multiple geographic monitoring stations?
- What does it mean when my contacts are notified that my system is down?