Configure a server for receiving mail
To configure a POP3 server for testing whether the messages are received properly you should enter the host and the port where the server resides and add the username and the password for the test email account which was entered in the SMTP server configuration. You can also configure a time limit for the test message to arrive. If the message is not received until this time limit expires you will be alerted with a "Message not found" error. Please notice that this error might also occur when somebody deletes the test message from the server before it was checked by the WebSitePulse.com monitoring agent.
- POP3 Advanced Target Type
- POP3 Basic target type
- Mail Round-trip scenarios
- SMTP Servers Configuration
- Email round-trip transaction
Frequently asked questions
- What should I monitor?
- What types of applications are monitored?
- What is the purpose of Traceroute information and how to activate it?
- How can I monitor a secure IMAP?
- What happens if the problem with my website persists?