Connection related alerts
These are the alerts which will be sent in case our monitoring agent was unable to connect to your server. The most common connection errors are:
Connection refused - This type of error occurs when there is no server on the monitored port or when the connection to this port is blocked for some reason. If you are able to connect to this server the problem is most likely caused by your firewall configuration which is denying access to the monitored port from our monitoring locations.
Connection timed out - A timeout occurred while attempting connection. The server may be too busy to accept new connections or there is some problem with the network connection to your server. Please notice that this error is different from the timeout warnings that are sent when your server is working but is responding slower.
Host name lookup failed or Couldn't resolve host - these error messages indicate a problem with your DNS records - for example you will receive similar alert if your domain registration expires.
- Check Timeout / Connection Timeout
- Alerts Cycle
- Error types
- Maximum alerts per cycle
- Soft timeout alerts
Frequently asked questions
- Is it possible that some of the alerts I receive are false?
- What does it mean when my contacts are notified that my system is down?
- Does WebSitePulse offer DNS monitoring?
- What happens if your system detects a problem with my monitored website and web server?
- Can WebSitePulse.com notify multiple contacts upon a failure?