Alerts Cycle is a numeric field, which specifies a time period after which the system will restart the escalation schedule for the monitored target. Please note that the alert cycle value should be larger than the monitoring frequency value or it will not be applied at all.
For example if you have the following configuration:
1. Monitoring frequency: 3 min
2. Failures before sending alert: 2
3. Max number of consecutive alerts: 1
4. Alerts Cycle: 15
Therefore you will receive an alert on the second failure (i.e. within 6 minutes after the failure of the target), then an additional alert will be sent every 18 minutes thereafter until the error is recovered. This value does not affect the monitoring process at all. It only works with the notification schedule in the event of an error.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the billing cycle and when do you bill me for your services?
- Is it possible that some of the alerts I receive are false?
- What happens if your system detects a problem with my monitored website and web server?
- Can WebSitePulse.com notify multiple contacts upon a failure?
- How to set Android and iOS notification contacts