SMTP Target Type
The SMTP check makes a connection socket to your SMTP server (by default on port 25) and waits for positive reply - "220" message as defined in RFC 821.
Then the monitoring agent sends "HELO" (EHLO) message and waits for "250" ready status.
If the ready message is received the check is considered OK.
- SMTP Authentication
- SMTP server configuration
- SMTP Servers Configuration
- Mail Round-trip scenarios
- Resend test message on error
- SMTP / Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- IIS / Internet Information Services
- CRAM-MD5 SMTP authentication
Frequently asked questions
- What types of applications are monitored?
- What should I monitor?
- I can monitor my own servers locally. Why do I need WebSitePulse.com?
- How to monitor a SQL server?
- Can you monitor wireless routers?