Failures before sending an alert
Defines how many times a target should be reported down before sending a failure alert. The number of failures is counted starting from 1 up so the minimum allowed value for this field is 1.
For example if a target is tested every 5 minutes and you want to receive an alert only when the target has been down for 15 minutes or more you should set this value to 3. You should be very careful when setting this configuration parameter because setting it too low might result in a large number of alert messages, and setting it too high might cause the monitoring agent to deliver the alerts when it is already too late.
Frequently asked questions
- Is it possible that some of the alerts I receive are false?
- What is the advantage for me of the WebSitePulse remote monitoring service?
- Does WebSitePulse offer DNS monitoring?
- What happens if your system detects a problem with my monitored website and web server?
- Can WebSitePulse.com notify multiple contacts upon a failure?