To verify the failures detected by our monitoring agent and to reduce the number of false alerts sent, every single error detected by the WebSitePulse monitoring agent is confirmed with at least one additional monitoring location. An alert will be dispatched to the notification contacts in your account only if the error is confirmed.
While reducing significantly the number of false alerts, this process however reduces the chances to detect geographically confined problems. For example there might be a problem which prevents your customers in Texas from accessing your website, and which doesn't affect the users in the other states. In this case the Houston monitoring agent will detect the problem but the error will not be confirmed since the secondary locations are located in different states.
To disable the error confirmation uncheck the "Error confirmation" checkbox next to each location at the "Monitoring locations" page.
Frequently asked questions
- Why do you support multiple geographic monitoring stations?
- What is the purpose of Traceroute information and how to activate it?
- How to monitor a SQL server?
- Is it possible that some of the alerts I receive are false?
- Does WebSitePulse offer DNS monitoring?