HTTPS Basic target Type
Use this option if you want our monitoring agent to only open a connection to your HTTPS port, which is by default 443. Use this option if you want our monitoring agent to only test the connection to your HTTPS server.
If the monitoring agent is able to establish a connection socket to your HTTPS (Secure Web Server) within the configured time, the test is considered successful. Please notice that this test will not send any requests to your Web server so it cannot detect content or internal server problems, also this test does not include SSL handshake so it will not detect any certificate problems.
We recommend you to use this test in conjunction with the more sophisticated HTTPS advanced, HTTPS performance or HTTPS full-page tests.
For example with an HTTP basic target you can check every minute if the server is up, and with a HTTPS full-page test you can check every hour if your web application is working properly, whether the server returns the correct content, whether the links on this page are working and whether all page components like images, styles and other external objects are intact.
- Current Status for your Google page
- Using Tooltips for quick access to details
- Configure your Country-specific Date Formats
- Using Firefox browser? Take the Current Status with you.
- FTP / File Transfer Protocol
- Ping / Packet Internet Gropper
- HTTP / HyperText Transfer Protocol
- URL Contacts
- Diagnostic Tools
Frequently asked questions
- Can you monitor wireless routers?
- What is the purpose of Traceroute information and how to activate it?
- My Website is hosted with an ISP. How would your monitoring services help me?
- What does it mean when my contacts are notified that my system is down?
- Is your website secure?